December 3, 2009

Grace Abounding: Resource for getting a good Premillennial perspective

Being in alignment with reformed and calvinist teachings regarding Scripture (2 Tim 3:16), the absolute Sovereignty of God (Rom 11:36), agreeing very strongly with those doctrines known as TULIP (Rom. 3:12; Eph. 1:4; John 10:15; John 6:37,44; 1 Thes. 5:23,24), and enjoy the wealth of Biblical studies and books produced by reformed Christian leaders (see www.monergism.com), makes it very tempting to side with those same theologians on their views of eschatology simply because they say it is right.

In this post, I am simply presenting a resource I have found very helpful in considering a Biblical understanding of premillennialism from a Calvinist Christian perspective. I tend to agree more with the premillennial point of view, while possibly not agreeing with everything. My understanding of the return of Christ and the last times is not very big, but from what I see the Bible saying, I try to understand it correctly and then see who takes the Biblical perspective most accurately as far as I can tell.

So here is a link to some studies done by Fred Butler on his blog, Hip and Thigh, Studies in Eschatology for anyone interested in learning this point of view.

No comments: