September 9, 2008

Waw

I spent this evening with my buddy, Matt, and we walked around the block in York Square where we met about half a dozen people open to the gospel. We talked to a few of them from more than ten to twenty minutes each, while two experienced slight conviction. I was preaching mainly from Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." The response to grace was really profound, "I never heard this before!" I explained that we are all guilty of sin and therefore worthy of eternal judgment as a result of Adam's sin, but that Christ crucified (and resurrected) is the answer. Salvation is by the grace of God through faith in Christ apart from any works that we perform. I do not doubt that God may perhaps grant repentance and an eternal change in at least one of those we met tonight. LORD, please make it so! Amen.

Waw
Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD;
your salvation according to your promise;
then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
for my hope is in your rules.
I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever,
and I shall walk in a wide place,
for I have sought your precepts.
I also will speak of your testimonies before kings
and shall not be put to shame;
for I find my delight in your commandments,
which I love.
I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,
and I will meditate on your statutes.

There, I did it, now I can go to bed!

No comments: