September 10, 2008

Zayin

Another wonderful day of evangelism. Bob, the lead evangelist in Pittsburgh, who trained me in street evangelism, came to York today to witness at the York fair. He met me during lunch and we hit the streets together for about 45 minutes. A lot of people are still trying to be good to get to heaven. They think that if they can overcome sin in their lives, such as smoking, lust, pride, etc. that they will be acceptable for heaven, when in reality, they haven't yet come to the end of the law. Romans 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." The question always remains, "Have you come to the end of the law yet?" My answer was, yes, because I could not overcome my own sin, my pride, my lust, my anger, my self-righteousness. Jesus would have condemned me for all these, but He became the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes! So, my testimony to people today was, "I needed faith to believe Him. When I came to the end of myself, I called out to the Lord, and He gave me the faith to trust Him as my righteousness. Now I am at the end of law, no more trying to do it anymore, because Christ has done it already for me, by putting to death my sin in His own body on the cross and by rising from the dead, He now has become my righteousness and my life. I have been crucified with Him, and now He lives in me." I could go on, but it is summed up in 3 words: "All of Grace." Matt joined us tonight, and we had a blessed time ministering to the poor of this world. Praise God for His righteousness and for His love!

Zayin
Remember your word to your servant,
in which you have made me hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life.
The insolent utterly deride me,
but I do not turn away from your law.
When I remember your rules from of old,
I take comfort, O LORD.
Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked,
who forsake your law.
Your statutes have been my songs
in the house of my sojourning.
I remember your name in the night, O LORD,
and keep your law.
This blessing has fallen to me,
that I have kept your precepts.

3 comments:

Moon said...

"Another wonderful day of evangelism. Bob, the lead evangelist in Pittsburgh, who trained me in street evangelism, came to York today to witness at the York fair. He met me during lunch and we hit the streets together for about 45 minutes"

ok now you are making me jealous! For being a shy person the Lord has seen fit that I should evangelize on my own! Today was pretty exciting and yet disappointing at the same time...I was witnessing to one of my classmates and another girl from another university at the hospital, and postmodernism reeked their line of thinking, how frustrating! the exciting part was that I got to really talk to my friend about the gospel and even left her a Gospel of John gospel tract for her to read.
But it did not end there, I have a cousin who is going to live in my house for a while. She's not saved. Today she came over to bring the last pile of clothes and shoes and whatnot and we began talking, first about why I became a Christian and eventually the gospel. Pleaseeee pray for my cousin and my friend, their names are Scheyla (pronouncd Sheila) and Julissa.

"I could go on, but it is summed up in 3 words: "All of Grace." Amen!

Anonymous said...

Rita,
That is awesome to hear how the Lord used you to witness! I like to give away the little gospel of John's also (I get them in English and Spanish from IBS.org).

I will pray for your cousin and friend, and that God would grant you a fellow laborer in the field.

Grace to you.

Moon said...

(I get them in English and Spanish from IBS.org). I get mine from the Pocket Testament League...in english and spanish too..

"I will pray for your cousin and friend, and that God would grant you a fellow laborer in the field."
thanks! :)
God bless!